This is a very important document as it gets us thinking about our end-of-life and encourages us to have conversations with loved ones. It’s a legal document that will express your wishes for end-of-life healthcare, should you not be able to make decisions for yourself. We’ll also choose a healthcare proxy, someone you trust to advocate on your behalf.
During this discussion, we take into consideration important things such as:
- What quality-of-life looks like to you.
- The life sustaining measures you desire and how you’d like to be cared for at end-of-life.
- Even the small details that make a big difference. At end-of-life your personal space is a sacred space where family and friends will visit you, share memories and say their final goodbyes. So we’ll discuss what that looks like for you and include these items and more in your Advance Directive:
- The type of music you enjoy
- Do you want your pets with you for comfort?
- Your favorite flowers
- Who do you want / or not want present?